The First Farmers of Central Europe: Diversity in LBK Lifeways
Yayınevi: Oxbow Books
235,00 TL (KDV Dahil)
Kargoya verilme süresi: 1 - 5 İş Günü
Ürün temini hakkında bizimle iletişime geçebilirsiniz.
Yazar: Alasdair Whittle, Penny Bickle
Cilt tipi: Sert Kapak
This major study takes a strikingly large regional sample, from northern Hungary westwards along the Danube to Alsace in the upper Rhine valley, and addresses the question of the extent of diversity in the lifeways of developed and late LBK communities, through a wide-ranging study of diet, lifetime mobility, health and physical condition, the presentation of the bodies of the deceased in mortuary ritual. It uses an innovative combination of isotopic (principally carbon, nitrogen and strontium, with some oxygen), osteological and archaeological analysis to address difference and change across the LBK, and to reflect on cultural change in general.
Table of Contents
2. Seeking diversity: methodology (Julie Hamilton, R. Alexander Bentley, Penny Bickle, Linda Fibiger, Robert Hedges, Linda Reynard, Carrie Wright, Philippa Cullen, Christopher Dale, Geoff Nowell and Alasdair Whittle)
3. Hungary (Alasdair Whittle, Alexandra Anders, R. Alexander Bentley, Penny Bickle, Lucy Cramp, László Domboróczki, Linda Fibiger, Julie Hamilton, Robert Hedges, Nándor Kalicz, Zsófia Eszter Kovács, Tibor Marton, Krisztián Oross, Ildikó Pap and Pál Raczky)
4. Moravia and western Slovakia (Alasdair Whittle, R. Alexander Bentley, Penny Bickle, Marta Dočkalová, Linda Fibiger, Julie Hamilton, Robert Hedges, Inna Mateiciucová and Juraj Pavúk)
5. Austria (Penny Bickle, R. Alexander Bentley, Christoph Blesl, Linda Fibiger, Julie Hamilton, Robert Hedges, Eva Lenneis, Christine Neugebauer-Maresch, Peter Stadler, Maria Teschler-Nicola, Barbara Tiefenböck and Alasdair Whittle)
6. Southern Bavaria (Daniela Hofmann, Joachim Pechtl, R. Alexander Bentley, Penny Bickle, Linda Fibiger, Gisela Grupe, Julie Hamilton, Robert Hedges, Michael Schultz and Alasdair Whittle)
7. Baden-Württemberg (R. Alexander Bentley, Penny Bickle, Michael Francken, Claudia Gerling, Julie Hamilton, Robert Hedges, Elisabeth Stephan, Joachim Wahl and Alasdair Whittle)
8. Alsace (Penny Bickle, Rose-Marie Arbogast, R. Alexander Bentley, Linda Fibiger, Julie Hamilton, Robert Hedges and Alasdair Whittle)
9. The supra-regional perspective (Robert Hedges, R. Alexander Bentley, Penny Bickle, Philippa Cullen, Christopher Dale, Linda Fibiger, Julie Hamilton, Daniela Hofmann, Geoff Nowell and Alasdair Whittle)
10. Performing LBK Lifeways (Alasdair Whittle and Penny Bickle)
Reviews & Quotes
""As an interdisciplinary study combining bioarchaeology and grave good analysis, and as a reflection on uniformity and diversity within 'cultures', "The First Farmers of Central Europe" will be of wide interest to those who are thinking through similar problems in other areas and for other times.""
"(On the book) "... an extremely welcome contribution on a comprehensive level." (On the structure of the book) "... the results are summarized and compared and two exemplary individuals are chosen for the presentation of a local lifewaya vivid and impressive approach." ( On the studies of "traditional material, biological, and theoretical foci") "... raises the discussion to a new level based on multidisciplinary and global work with well-defined standards." "... The First Farmers of Central Europe will surely remain a vivid standard reference not only for global but also for local research on the LBK.""
European Journal of Archaeology ()